Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Today's Tom Sawyer

Welcome to the River.


Perhaps you fashion yourself as an independent thinker. That's nice.

Maybe you think of yourself as well-informed on the news of the day. That's nice, too.

Maybe you think you have things figured out. After all, you think. You feel. You're hip. You know who you are and what you are. You're a conservative . . . or a liberal . . . or a moderate . . . or a libertarian . . . or whatever. You're also a Christian, evangelical, maybe Roman Catholic, . . . or not. Maybe you're above religion. You don't need a crutch.

Whoever you are, whatever you are, I'm here to challenge you. My name? Tom Sawyer . . . today's Tom Sawyer. Pleased to meet you.

I hope you'll stick around and be challenged. I want you to think. Yeah, I know. Sure. Whatever. I've heard it before. I know you think that you think . . . it's just that I don't believe you. That's right. I'm calling you out. On this blog I'm really going to make you think . . . about politics, religion, philosophy, you name it. I am here to challenge the status quo, conventional wisdom, and you.

Are you up for it?

No comments: