Saturday, June 27, 2009

Is Allan Keyes a Whack Job?

I admit I do not know much about the man. He seems to come around once every four years running for President in the Republican primaries. A few cycles back I think he got up some steam and made a showing in a few states. Just as he was beginning to look viable there was the incident where he got arrested in some act of civil disobedience. I never knew too much about that one. Then he ran off to Illinois to run against Obama for U.S. Senate. That didn't work well. He lost by a hefty margin and seems to have been heading downhill ever since. Then, today, I run across this gem of a rant. I'm not sure how old it is, or how much substance he has, but you gotta love it.



Is it just me or is more and more of this sentiment being expressed outside of the usual confines of nuttiness?

2 comments:

Eustace said...

I have watched this thing three times now and I gotta tell you that it gets better every time I watch it. I dare anybody out there to watch it once, then go throw back three good brews and come back and watch it again. I'm telling you its better than the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

Tom Sawyer said...

It is interesting to watch his eyes while he's talking. He's very animated. He gets perturbed, as well, when the person interviewing him starts laughing at him. He does make some good points, I think, about the stimulus bill, for example. But I had thought that the whole "he's not qualified to be President because he wasn't born here" argument had been dismissed by a judge somewhere. This is the most prominent guy I've seen waging that particular war.